Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 80

This week was incredible and filled with miracles and tender mercies, like always. Susan and Leah came to church for Sacrament Meeting for the first time and loved it. 

On Monday, we were tracting a street, and we talked to this lady from Greece. She wasn't interested in us teaching her about the gospel, and we offered to do service. She declined, but we gave her our card with our number and told her to call us if she needed anything. As we walked away, her two little kids kept waving to us. And she was just staring at us from her door. We continued to knock for about 10 minutes, when we got a call. "Hi...uh Sister Lewis and Sister Miller. Hi. This is Leda who you met at my house a few minutes ago? Do you want to come back and talk?". We went back and we did some HTBT and taught her the Restoration. Then later on in the week we did some service for her, and she invited us over for lunch yesterday after church before I leave. We had delicious Greek food and got to know the husband a little better. They are an incredible family! 

We met a man named Shane* on the streets and had an awesome conversation about the Restoration! And gave him a Book of Mormon! 

Last night as we were contacting, we met so many amazing people. My favorite group was a husband and wife from Sri Lanka, Kasun* and Bhagya. We gave them a Book of Mormon and prayed with them! They are excited to come to church! 

Lindsay, from last week, has seen so many miracles as she prepared and had surgery, and is now recovering well! God is blessing her in so many ways!

I had my exit interview with President Burt on Friday after Zone Meeting. I am so grateful for such an amazing Mission President. I have learned so much from him and his wife. I'm so grateful for the priesthood leadership he gave as I served under his direction for the Lord Jesus Christ.

I got permission to go to Patricia's baptism in Surrey on Saturday. The service was all in Portuguese. Patricia is just incredible! She was glowing and was ready to make those covenants with our Father!

We had 2 dinners yesterday and one more offer for dinner. Our fridge is full of panset, spring rolls, chili sauce, watermelon, cherries, blueberries, and raspberries, all from yesterday. 

We got to spend some time with the Rauma's. They are fantastic. And so selfless. I am so grateful for them and their example! 

What an incredible experience my mission has been! I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

I have grown and changed and become more of the person I know Heavenly Father wants me to become. But becoming is a process! "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" (Doctrine and Covenants 128:22). 

I've got a lot of drive for the next part of Heavenly Father's plan for me, and the road has missionary work painted all over it!

And from this point, I'll "go forward and not backward"!!

And for the last time,
Hermana Lewis

Crazy picture with the babies at Zone Meeting on Friday!



I got to see this awesome family again!

Pat got baptized!!

Valerie and Anna






No comments:

Post a Comment