Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 71

Last P-day, we went to White Rock with all the Sisters in the zone, enjoyed a hot day on the pier (the one in Psych), and enjoyed fantastic gelato! We had FHE with Bishop De Vera and his wife and it was so fantastic! I got them to show us pictures from their wedding! Bishop had the best mustache and they were so cute! We then got to teach a miracle lesson! Jerry Douglas*. He called us Sunday night and told us he was googling things and came across our website. He liked it a lot and asked how he could get the process started of meeting with us! It was a really cool lesson! We taught the beginning of the Restoration and invited him to be baptized. He agreed to June 4th, and then asked if he would have to stop drinking. After explaining briefly the Word of Wisdom, he agreed to live it! We're excited to continue to help him!

I did exchanges with Sister Macaso this week! We had a lot of fun and did a lot of good missionary work! she is the greatest!

We enjoyed May the 4th and 5 de Mayo this week, and ate Ninja Turtle cookies! We met with Morgan and Leroy* and they are doing awesome! Last night, we got to teach Morgan the Word of Wisdom. She readily accepted it! We are so blessed with the people we have been meeting and teaching! Stacy and Tiffany came and helped us teach and Stacy and Morgan connected on a level we would have never been able to reach (casavas, cucumbers, etc). 

We had MLC on Friday and it was amazing as usual! So much good! And I am so thrilled to continue to keep trying and to improve! 

On Saturday, we got to do service for Bishop and his wife! I weed -wacked and pulled while Sister Grant and Sister Hoffman raked moss out of the grass! It was so fun! I felt like I had stepped into an exotic garden! It was beautiful! 

This whole week was filled with so many miracles and tender mercies. I am grateful for an Eternal Father who loves us each enough to plan out little surprises and blessings on the daily, just to encourage us! 

Here are some thoughts for the week:

1. There is the council the church announced a couple General Conferences ago, and they have trainings they give to every bishop around the world, through the proper delegation. We got to watch one of the videos, and President Eyring said, "You're trying. You're trying to do the right things. All you need is more of Their help!" I love that so much! Heavenly Father knows how hard we are working towards whatever it is we are doing. A lot of times we wear ourselves out and aren't happy with the results. We just have to remember to allow Them to help us. But that help comes as we invite Them and put God first in our lives.

2. Ezekiel 20:19-20 
"I am the Lord your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them; And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God." I love that the way we spend our Sundays shows the Lord what He means to us. It shows our relationship with Him! I have been pondering it a lot recently. It's just beautiful and simple.

3. Acts 20:35
" It is more blessed to give than to receive." What are we willing to give? What are we willing to sacrifice? How can we become more Savior-like in our sacrifices? I love this video! There is always something more we can do! Those men had to make sacrifices, but they learned so much in return!



And with that, I challenge you to serve more. Give up some personal comfort or personal time to help someone else. It is so simple. We are not re-inventing the wheel! And I would give examples, but there are so many! By small and simple things are great things brought to pass! Go serve, and see what Heavenly Father wants to bless you with! And if you're busy (like we all are and all have been) what better day to do it than the sabbath, just as Christ did?

Also, if anyone was interested, if you read 15 pages every day in the Book of Mormon, you can finish a couple weeks before I get home! If you're up for the challenge... ;)

Love you all!
Hermana Lewis

PS Happy Mothers Day! I'm grateful for a whole bunch of moms, especially my own!

White Rock



Mission Leadership Council

No comments:

Post a Comment