Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 46

Hey hey, everyone! This week was a humbling week! And also a week of personal revelation. So it was super awesome. Although, it was great to be able to end it as well with the Sacrament.

At MLC, we were talking about temporal information for the mission, and how we need to make sure missionaries aren't using backpacks. 

President Burt: "We need to use cross-body bags. No more backpacks."
Sister Burt: "I like this bag. Show them!"
[Elder Sutton holds up his leather cross-body bag]
President Burt: "It's a murse!"
President began to tell us of when he was shopping for a new bag with his wife...
President Burt: "Honey, is this a man's purse or a woman's purse? I can't tell!!"
Sister Burt: "It doesn't matter these days, honey."

Man. I just love them.

We had Zone Meeting this week! I trained on "What Lack I yet?". It was such a great Zone Meeting! The theme was having a mission on fire. At first, the Elders and Sisters were a little shy to participate, but then we starting asking individuals questions, and then they didn't stop sharing insights for the rest of the meeting! I love the Kelowna Zone! 

We have Zone Conference tomorrow! Elder Teh and his wife are coming as well. We are preparing by reading "What Lack I Yet?" as well as "Which Way Do You Face?" and "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying". I'm super excited! Sister Burt also asked a couple companionships to do a musical number. It is Sister Madson and me, Sister Tingson, Sister Magleby, Elder Miller, Elder Meline, Elder Ellis, Elder Green, Elder Brooksby, Elder McNabb, Elder Gleed, and Elder Coomans. Prayers over the next 24 hours would be great to help us bring the Spirit! We're singing "As Sisters in Zion/We'll Bring the World His Truth".

Last P-day was a Satan day. It started with our washing machine broken and flooding a little bit. So we couldn't do any laundry, and the load we did was soaked. And then nothing worked out and we were running all over. We did get to spend some time with Sister Christensen and Sister Cendreda,which was fun! 

On Tuesday, we woke up and did exercise, and got ready, and just as we were about to start studies, we noticed water coming up out of the floor boards. So we had to move things and the landlord came down, and a pipe had burst. It's actually really funny because our Landlord turns off the heater in the basement every night, don't ask us why, and so we are always super cold at night and in the morning. Now they said they are going to keep it on. But needless to say, it started our week off on a crazy note. And then we decided it would be a good time to tell them about the washer. So it took a day to figure out what the problem was and fix it, but they found out that something clogged it. They said it looked like a sock. And then I remembered to MLC. I packed one of my favorite, most comfortable shirts, and when I was getting dressed in the morning, something was off. I had a pirate sleeve! I was so mad! It looked like a mouse chewed off my sleeve. Thought I would die. But really it was just the washing machine. 

Anyway. 

We went on exchanges with Sister Tingson and Sister Magleby! I went with Sister Magleby to their area. It was a super fun exchange! She is a great missionary and is so energetic about the work! We ate brownies at night and read Luke 2 together by candlelight. It was sweet.

My ponderize scripture this week is John 10: 14-15.

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father:and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Hope you have a great week! 

Hermana Lewis







Sister Magleby!


Flooding...

Sister Cendreda got a letter from her mama and I was so excited!

Waiting for Zone Meeting to start!

Zone Meeting!

So hungry!

Downtown!

Frozen beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment