Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 47

Happy American Thanksgiving! May your week be filled with amazing food and company!

This week was a long week! It was a good week filled with lots of great things, I just can't believe it was only 7 normal 24-hour days!

We had Zone Conference on Tuesday with Elder Teh and his wife. It was so good! Beforehand, he met with us, the assistants, the zone leaders, and district leaders for the Kelowna and Vernon zones, and President and Sister Burt. Elder Teh talked to us about how we can change the mission culture by who we are, and how we really have the influence, ability, and responsibility to catch this mission on fire. For Zone Conference, we talked about what more we can do to be missionaries who do missionary work as opposed to missionary things. It was so good! 

I went on exchanges with Sister Cendreda this week! It was super bomb! I loved it so much! We had tons of fun, and just spoke in Spanish. She is the best! I love her to death! 

The next day, I went on exchanges with Sister Hawke! Sister Hawke is super cool and from Idaho. She played volleyball in high school, and is such a ball of energy! It was super fun! And we did some cool candle stuff at a relief society activity. She's such a great missionary!

I've been thinking a lot about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what it really means. I love that it is a living gospel, as I have said before. I love that it changes you and changes your perspective. 

We have to have faith. "When we have faith in Christ, we accept and apply His Atonement and His teachings. We trust Him and what He says" (Preach My Gospel, 61). Meaning that we are willing to believe in Christ and all the powers of the Atonement, and allow ourselves to be strengthened and have hope. We don't need to know what he looks like, we don't need to know his favorite color, we don't need to know how he was able to perform the Atonement. But what matters is that we are humble enough to see how he has blessed our lives, and that we cannot do it on our own. Someone, who I can't remember, maybe President Packer, said something similar to this, but I can't find the quote: "If all you hear and all you see is what you know, you will not know very much".

That made me think a ton. Faith kind of seems like an abstract thing to me. Sometimes I say I have the faith for something to happen, and it doesn't. Other times I say I have the faith that it can happen or not, and that whatever does happen is Heavenly Father's will, and usually it's not exactly what I had in mind. And sometimes, I want something to happen, but I don't think it's very realistic, so I just go on, and then I see a miracle, and sometimes I see those miracles when I am least expecting. So what I'm trying to say is I am no expert on faith, but I am an expert at trying to have faith and to understand it better. I love that faith is based on those things that you don't hear and see. It's based on experience through obedience and testing the Lord on his promises. 

I have so much faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They motivate me to be better and to do better. They lift me when I am slipping or falling, and comfort me when I'm sad. They strengthen me when I am just exhausted, and give me a good laugh, day by day. I have not seen or heard them or their voices, but I have seen them in my life. I've seen them bless me and those around me in ways the world can't. I have heard them answer prayers and talk to me, in my own voice during prayers, or during scripture study. I may not be able to move a mountain or give a size to my faith, it may not be perfect, but I know that my faith is enough for me. I work on strengthening it every day. I have a love and a need for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They are my all. 

My ponderize scripture this week is Psalms 139:23
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts"

Hasta escuchar,
Hermana Lewis



Reagan and Stacy came to FHE and we did skits!

Their skit was hilarious

He's got good style.


On the way to West Bank!

She's mighty fine.


Sister Cendreda stole my camera.  And I love her.



No comments:

Post a Comment