Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 50

This week was insane. 

Last Monday, we went to the Kelowna 1st Sisters apartment and cleaned it out to close it for a while, and helped Sister Magleby pack (She's left for Port Moody). The Kelowna 2nd Sisters, Sister Christensen and Sister Cendreda, joined us, and we ate pizza, crazy bread, and cinnamon sticks to celebrate our last moments together. It was a pretty good day!

On Tuesday, we finished cleaning and packing, as well as figured out how we were going to get all our sisters to their new areas, and pick up the new ones, all while finding, teaching, and baptizing. Actually, just finding:) But then we met with the Pimiskerns. They are a super sweet family. Sydney is in our branch, but the family was in Sister Magleby's ward, so it worked out perfectly visiting them. I got to hold their dog and their snake, and Brother Pimiskern did a magic trick for me. We had an amazing member visit with them, and then stopped by Bonnie, who was baptized my first Saturday here. It was a good day.

On Wednesday, we started by walking all the way to the Kelowna 1st sisters apartment so we could get their car to the church. We walked there, and then the car wouldn't start. So we had to call the Kelowna 2nd sisters to come jump-start us. We made them lose their time to eat a delicious salmon lunch, but we were able to get the the church just in time. We caravan-ed to the airport after weighing bags and getting rid of non-necessities. We dropped the sisters off and said sad goodbyes. We picked up Sister Wright, who is now Sister Heward's new companion. We headed at the mall around 3:30 to finally eat some lunch. We ran into Greg*, a LARC, and his sister at the food court, and so we sat and talked a bit, before running off to go visit Melinda at UBCO! We found out that she had trouble with her phone, but that we could contact her through Facebook, which is almost pointless and impossible. But anyway, we got to meet with her, and then we headed off to a dinner with our Branch President, President England, and his wife. The food was great, and they are always sharing with us their own missionary experiences from their missions or from the week. It was super uplifting. Then we went finding again. It was a long day.

On Thursday, we had weekly planning first thing in the morning. Then we went finding all over. It has been finals season for the past couple weeks, so it's rough finding and meeting up with anyone! We then had dinner with Charlene, the Relief Society president, and had a great lesson with her, and then took care of some car problems with the Kelowna first car. Greg called us and asked if we could meet him the next day and teach him about tithing, as well.

Friday! It was a good day! I made myself sausage, which is the first sausage I have had since I got out to the field, and I also had chocolate milk. The morning started off on a good note. Then we cleaned out the other sisters' cars to get them ready for the other sisters. Then we had a quick lunch and then headed to the mall to teach tithing to Kaston. We couldn't get a single female from the branch to come with us, so we decided to ask Reagan. She hasn't been able to come to lessons recently because of finals and all, but she said she could meet us at the mall for the lesson! We taught tithing and it was a super good lesson! We hadn't even taught Reagan tithing yet. We told her what it was, and she told us that she had read about it in the bible, and that people sometimes paid it in her baptist church. She testified with us and explained the importance of it. It felt like she was part of our companionship. She taught doctrine and you could definitely feel the Spirit. So that was so awesome. And he bought us cinnamon rolls. Then we went finding for a second and found out the Kelowna 2nd Elders, who were driving up from the training meeting, Elder Robinson and Elder Ushio (trainee from Japan) were going to get to in early. They were driving up my birthday present! President Burt got me a 2015 Nissan Rogue! We headed to the church to leave our car, get our new one, and give the Kelowna 1st Elders the Sisters' old area book. We had an extra minute and helped set up for the 1st ward's Christmas party. We did the car switch, and headed to the airport to pick up our sisters! Once we got there, we saw their plane was delayed, so we did some contacting in the airport by baggage claim. I had some awesome conversations. I saw this mom with her cute girls and started talking to her. She said she had some questions she was going to ask me. She was referred by a friend to us last Monday (I got a call during email time last Monday from a member in Alberta, who has a friend, Margaret*, who has a brother who is struggling with some problems and wants us to help), and it was Margaret I was talking to! We had a great conversation, and she will be contacting us soon! Then we got our new Kelowna 2nd sisters, Sister Lai, who I came out with, and Sister Tripp (her trainee from Bountiful, UT). We grabbed their luggage and drove them to the church, got their car, and showed them where their apartment would be. Then, we went out for a late dinner at 8 at Kelly O'brians, where I got a free birthday dinner! It was super good! I ordered Jerk Chicken Fettuccine. It wasn't very spicy, but it was free. 

On Saturday, we walked all over and talked to a bunch of people, and then walked back to the church for our stake YSA Christmas activity. On our way, a hitchhiking guy, Peter*, asked us for directions to a cafe. He was getting ready to go to Vancouver for a seminar/training. We gave him directions, and then I invited him to the activity. So instead of going to the cafe, he walked with us the rest of the way to the church, and came. We had dinner, speed dating, and a dance. Peter loved it, as well as Maire*, who was someone I invited over the phone. We had never met her before, but she came, and although she was shy at first, she started opening up. It was a pretty successful night! And then Greg had cut us down a 7 foot Christmas tree. So now we have a Christmas tree! 

Yesterday was great. 

I'm out of time. I didn't even get to talk much about what I wanted to. Time just ran away! Hopefully I can get this right soon! Pictures next week...

Love you all!
Hermana Lewis

Add caption

The last zone transfer

These are from a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment