Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week 4

This week has been one of learning and miracles. 

I found out Monday morning at 7:50 after service that the Patriots won!!!!! I may have been persecuted, but I have remained faithful. Just like Joseph Smith. 

So that was cool.

This week we had some super powerful lessons, and then some not so great ones. They weren't bad, but they also weren't our favorite. At the finish of our lesson with Julio*, we felt soooo good. We prepared a lesson about how the Atonement applies to him individually. We really tried to get it in his head that it was for him because he felt like he could not be forgiven for things he had done in the past. Our lesson also applied perfectly to a concern he brought up, and so we focused on how it could help him overcome some challenges. The Spirit was super strong and we just felt good. Afterwards, my companion and I were talking about how it went. Then Hermano Adlish came over and asked if there was anything the Spirit prompted us to say, but we didn't. It did. It was inviting him to be baptized again. We did the first lesson, but we didn't again, and he said he could feel the Spirit and could tell we were listening to it, but if the Spirit is telling us to do something, say it. Another cool thing about that is we weren't even supposed to teach that day, but Hno Adlish wanted us to, so he gave us 10 minutes to prep for the lesson, and we got that experience.

Also, Monday, Hno Kent, who is a teacher who helps out multiple classes in the MTC, was subbing for Hno Adlish, and taught us about how it is a commandment to say the things that the Holy Ghost prompts us to say. I just thought it was cool. Read Doctrine and Covenants 11: 5-8.

We have seen lots of miracles this week and prayers being answered. It might be in the simplest ways, but they are being answered and the answers are miraculous. Heavenly Father answers prayers. He knows us individually. He has a plan for us. Individually. The Atonement is for each of us. Christ experienced everything for us. Individually. They know and love us perfectly and know what is best for us. Submit to the will of the Father. Let Him, who is all knowing, be the author and finisher of your faith. Let Him mold you into who he needs you to be. 

The Thursday after we arrived, we met our Branch Presidency. President Lisonbee invited us to read the Book of Mormon (English) while we were here. As in from start to finish. For a week and a half I was right on track, but then we became more busy with more and more lessons, and so it was hard to find time for it all, so I just read as much as I could. But now, I have been able to start catching up. I am at the end of Alma. The scriptures are the best. I cannot believe how much personal revelation I have received. How much comfort and encouragement I feel every time I read. It blows my mind. I have been marking promises the Lord makes to us, and the things we have to do in order to receive those blessings. READ THE SCRIPTURES. MAKE THEM A PRIORITY. 

I think it was this week that I was reading about the Law of Sacrifice. And I was reading a talk by M. Russell Ballard. A conversation he mentioned in his talk was between Brother Madsen and President Brown. 

Brother Madsen: What are the blessings of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?
President Brown: Posterity.
Brother M: Why, then, was Abraham commanded to go to Mount Moriah and offer his only hope of posterity?
Pres. Brown: Abraham needed to learn something about Abraham.

I love that so much. So often, we think what we want is what will be best for us. We cannot doubt that our Creator and the Father of our spirits don't know what they are doing. Don't doubt what He knows. Forget yourself and do His work. Honor and renew your covenants. Follow the Savior and stay focused on Him.Maintain a spirit of faith. Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son so that Abraham could learn for himself that he would keep all the covenants he made with God, and not just when it's convenient. God asking Abraham to sacrifice may have been a test for Abraham to see if he would consistently be obedient, but also a blessing where Abraham was able to see for himself how converted he was. You must act on your faith in order to become converted. 

Elder Howard and Sister Goodman came this past week! Woo!

There is an elder from Chile. Today during lunch, we were trying to talk to him, but he was kind of being shy. Then we decided to talk in Spanish, duh. Oh my goodness. It was so fun! He thinks we are crazy, but whatever! 

I've met so many great people here. Sadly, all those great people are leaving and I'm leaving. 

Oh! We got a new district this week! There are 9 elders all going to Argentina except for 2 going to Bolivia. So that was fun. Next Monday en la mañana, the older district than us (they got here the week before us) are leaving. I'm going to miss them so much! That means we are just one week behind them. That means next P Day, we pack. We haven't even unpacked yet because there is no room. So that will be interesting. 

Well, I guess that is all for now. I've got to go. Be righteous! 

Con todo el amor tengo de Dios, el gozo del evangelio, y el queso en mi corazón,

Hermana Lewis

We did cornrows last P-day















Cuz.

The rebel lyfe chose her.


No comments:

Post a Comment