Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 69

Another great week! And it can all be summarized by Sunday

When we started off the day on Sunday morning, we were pretty far from hitting our goals. We got ready for church and got there at 7 to practice our missionary musical number (Sister Grant, Sister Hoffman, myself, Elder Persson, Elder Morris, Elder Eschrich, Elder Sigrest, and their new companion) for Ward Conference. We went to Ward Council and it was so great! We headed to Sacrament Meeting after. We sang "How Great Thou Art" right after the Sacrament, and it was pretty powerful if I do say so myself. 

Sister Hoffman stayed with a member and Sister Grant and I went to walk with Valerie to get the rest of church. She has been in the hospital with Anna since she was born. We got there and she wasn't able to come anymore because the nurse needed her to do some things with Valerie there. But we knew that there was a reason why we were there. We talked with everyone on our way back to church, and met a really cool girl! Hopefully we can meet up with her soon! We got back to church and it was perfect.

After church, we just stayed and made a mix of all the food we had left. It turned out to be pretty gross. We ate what we could and then left and did the work! We got 2 new investigators, another baptismal date with a cute woman named Gayle*, so many more lessons with members, and we just got to share our testimonies! It was so good! We didn't stop doing the work until we got home a little after 9 from a lesson! We planned, got results for the zone, and ate quesadillas and burnt brownies for dinner! It was so good!!

Other things that made this week awesome are as follows:

1. We visited a less active member and she fed us calzones! She had no idea that we hadn't eaten and wouldn't be eating for another 9 hours! 

2. Across the street from that member was a couple, Aishwarya* & Rahul*, who waved at us when they saw us on her porch. Naturally, we went to say hi after, and they immediately invited us in, gave us orange juice, offered to make us more food, and then we did HTBT and taught the Restoration! 

3. I have two wonderful companions for the next 6 weeks at least! Sister Grant and Sister Hoffman, and we are working so hard!

4. We got to meet the new missionaries! 

5. We had an amazing weekly planning session once again! And got to eat left over pizza from the new missionary meeting!

6. This one isn't all that awesome, but the Rogue we had in Kelowna, Hamilton, died. So they took our Rogue, Viper, up to Kelowna, and we got stuck with a blue Sub. Again. Not too awesome, but it happened. (This is not a complaint. I am grateful for a vehicle).

7. I was on mini exchanges with one of the new sisters, Sister Gartside, and we saw the coolest miracle named Tawna*!

8. We found out yesterday that Anna is hopefully coming home from the hospital today!

9. Human on 152st: I'm sorry ladies. My diabeetus is acting up. I've got to go buy more toilet paper. 

10. We got a referral! This lady, Krysta*, wanted a Book of Mormon! We went and taught her! 

11. I have had the coolest studies this week!

12. This quote from President Kotchel at MLC: We have cows. They are a lot like you missionaries. They like to create their own problems.

13. We got 5 referrals from a ward member!

14. One morning when we woke up, Sister Hoffman found a giant spider on her. We caught it, and then we found this silver fish (?). We put them in the same container. They were terrified of each other. But the spider's name is Radcliffe. We call the silver fish silver fish. 

15. Aishwarya was telling us this story of how a year ago, 3 sister missionaries like us prayed with her mom at Metrotown for her arthritis pain to go away. After the prayer, it did. Guess which 3 missionaries did? That would Hna Williamson, Hna Wilson, and me! So that was pretty cool!

I can't even remember what else I wanted to say! 

But I am so excited for this work! It is the best! I know that we are seeing so much success and we are so motivated because we have found more ways to align our will with Heavenly Father's will. We are doing their work and we are doing it with them! I know that God has a perfect plan for each of his children. I know he is real with a body of flesh and bone! I am so grateful I can have faith in him! I know that Christ is my Savior and does so much for me each day. I am grateful I can rely on him! And I could just go forever! But I am simply out of time! This is my plea. Similar to others. Turn to the only true God and His Son, Jesus Christ, and give them your will. Put your trust in them, and allow them to captain your life! I am not perfect at this. But the little amount I have been able to give up has changed me an hundred-fold! My faith and reliance in the God Head has increased so much. I am just in awe about the change. I can't even explain it, but my spirit can tell the difference. I have so much more hope and patience and charity! Christ is so real and his Atonement makes these changes possible. 

Like Bishop De Vera says, "I'm in love". I am in love with Christ! His love is consuming me! Now I just got to act on it! 

Les quiero! You are in my prayers!

Hermana Lewis

Celebrating Sister Grant's and Sister Hubert's Hump day!!!


Bath time for Anna!




No comments:

Post a Comment